Monday, December 3, 2007

I like SmartPolitics101, and I'm going to stick with it for a while longer. Tomorrow, I hope to put up a column about political guru Lee Atwater, who played a central role in the Reagan campaigns and in the first campaign of Bush 41. He was also a mentor to S J Reidhead of the legendary site: http://ThePinkFlamingo.blogharbor/blog.

However, my main purpose right now is to announce that I have a new main blog. I'll be moving away over the next 10 days or so from my CampaignVictoryA site and going to a new "blog home." It will be, forevermore I hope, http://SteveMaloneyGOP.blogspot.com.

I've decided that when it comes to my bete noire, John Murtha, that I am taking the gloves off. Today's column (and it will stay up tomorrow, Tuesday) is: The Most-Hated Congressman: Murtha

Has a nice ring to it, huh? On Wednesday, I'll have another column: "Murtha's Rancid Bacon," about his supposedly "bringing home the bacon." Actually, the 12th congressional district is largely what it was a generation ago when the steel mills and coal mines went bottom up: a chronically depressed area.

That will come as a shock to people, especially those in Johnstown, who look at Murtha as the economic savior of the region. He's not.

When someone has nothing to eat, you can always give him a slice of moldly bread. I'm sure he'll be grateful -- and perhaps even regard you as a kind of savior. And there we have the city of Johnstown. The rest of the district, 90%, with the exception of a few enclaves of Republicanism, is worse.

Come visit. We'll have fun together!

2 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

Cool!

Way to go on the new site.

The Pink Flamingo

Stephen R. Maloney said...

Cindy, thanks. By mid-December or so, everything I have to say that's significant will move to the following: http://stevemaloneygop.blogspot.com.

I like my Campaign2008VictoryA on blogspot, but it's in the long-term interests of everyone (visitors and me) that I go to the new site.

Thanks for haning in there with me. I hope your mom is soon feeling better.